Blog

Shop

Holidays

Say Cheese!

2016 UPDATE: Check the editable album covers out on TPT HERE! Please note, the poem has been changed by a few words! : )

I can't believe this week kicks off May! May is probably the busiest month of the entire school year, and I am determined to not let it sneak up on me this year! : )

Today I started on my end-of-the-year student gifts. The first year I taught, I made each child a little scrapbook of the school year. They turned out really cute, but the workload nearly killed me! Last year, I started making each child a photo album. I absolutely love how they turn out, and I know they are a treasured keepsake from Kindergarten. 



I buy the photo albums at Walmart for $1 each. They hold 24 photos, plus a front and back cover. I have seen these little albums at Dollar Tree and they actually hold more pictures, but I had no luck finding them this year. Bummer! Here is what the ones from Walmart look like...


I like to create my own covers with each child's name and information about our school year. My classroom is circus themed, so I added my "signature" circus tent!





After the covers are created, just slide them into the photo album and add pictures from the school year. My first picture is always a picture from the first day of school. It's amazing how much they grow! I always end up with tons of extra pictures because I literally take hundreds and hundreds. I just put the extra pictures at the back of the album and I know parents really appreciate having them. I think the albums from Dollar Tree actually hold 50 pictures, so that would be even better! 

I try to order pictures throughout the year as Shutterfly has sales. I always end up ordering a few pictures at the end of the year due to special events, but it's super easy to just slip them in the final pages!

Need to order pictures? Find me on Instagram and enter my giveaway going on now through Friday, May 1st! 

All you have to do is a leave a comment tagging a friend and you could each win a $10 Shutterfly gift card! 

I also like to give my pumpkins a book for summer reading. You can't beat Scholastic prices, and I was SO excited about the $1 book in the Kindergarteners May Flyer! 


How perfect! I am tempted to order enough for a few years, but I don't know what I will be teaching next year. But...I may do it just in case ; )

I hope you had a great and restful weekend! 




5 comments

  1. I LOVE the idea of the photo albums! I may have to do that myself this year. And I am ordering that book for the kiddos too! How perfect, right? Good luck in May!

    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable idea! I teach prek and I make a slideshow each year to capture all our memories! Each one of my kids receives a book and slideshow at the end of the year. The feedback I receive from parents is so overwhelming it's worth all the time and effort. I am a new teacher and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your creative ideas that I can use in my classroom! You are an inspiration! Good luck with the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure students are also happy that this month is over. It only seems to us that it is not hard to study, but for them it is. The harder they try now, the more chances they will be able to skip essay review service part, hough I agree that very little number of students do manage to do this. In any case, you have some time to relax, before the final part of the study year begins. Have a good rest time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Students are waiting to get vacation. All are fed up with their work loads. Most institution are keeping essay writing as an assignment task The backward students in writing are using custom essay writing service for their needs. We cannot blame them because they have lot of works to complete on same day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Did you know you can order from Dollar Tree's website and either pick up in the store for free or have shipped? I just ordered my albums! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete