Blog

Shop

Holidays

Setting Up Reading Notebooks

This has been a blog post in the making for weeks now! I am so excited to share one of my favorite things in my classroom! 

One of the teaching/organizing/communication tools I use is a Reading Notebook. This school year I decided to revamp my Reading Notebook and create a corresponding product on Teachers Pay Teachers.  When I started teaching at my school, everyone was already using a Reading Notebook. I just sort of redid everything and made it my own! 

What is a Reading Notebook you ask? Let me show you!

Each child has a one inch binder that we turn into a Reading Notebook. They bring their Reading Notebook to their reading group everyday and it also goes home. I use the Reading Notebook as a teaching tool, but it also serves as "homework" and a resource for parents.

 Here is what I include in my Reading Notebook:










The Reading Notebook has been so successful for me because it corresponds to what I am teaching in the classroom. I created the Reading Notebook Essentials to put all of my Reading Notebook resources in one place. Here is what is included in the product:
  • Alphabet Chart
  • Blends Chart
  • Digraphs and Vowel Sounds
  • Sneaky E and Bossy R Phonics Reference Pages
  • Reading Strategies
  • Student (black and white) Alphabet and Blends flashcards
  • Large (color) teacher flashcards
  • A Reading Notebook Cover and binder spine label
  • Large (color) teacher reading strategies posters




I just love that everything corresponds and goes together to help form those connections in little kindergarten brains! : ) Please let me know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear. This is one of those things that I get so excited to share that I'm afraid I don't make sense! If you would like to purchase everything you need for Reading Notebooks, click HERE.







1 comment

  1. It may seem like something that is not very important. But you are wrong. I know many students who now have a constant need to turn to Arabian essay service online, as in the early stages of their childhood no one told them to read books. No one practice the alphabet with them. I know that not everyone finds reading a very interesting assignment, but a useful one for sure. I like to read. And now I do not need to use writing help of anyone at all. I think parents should insist on summer books and choose them wisely.

    ReplyDelete