Blog

Shop

Holidays

Give a HOOT

I just had the most wonderful weekend! It was so nice to have a weekend with nothing to do and have some time to sleep, shop and decorate for FALL and start my Christmas crafts too! : ) Oh, and we added a new member to our family. Meet Helen. 

Isn't she precious? Fiance doesn't like cats, at all. And I love cats and really any animals. During our errands on Saturday we ran into a pet store and I just fell in love with her. So, I begged all afternoon and here she is! We have had lots of laughs watching her with Luke.


I can't wait for our Christmas card! Speaking of Christmas, I made my 5th trip (this season) to the greatest place on Earth, Miss Cayce's Christmas Store.AMAZING! My goal this year is to put up 4 trees: A Red & Green Tree, A Christmas Sweets Tree, A Texas Tech Tree and a "Pet" tree. Last week I went to a little holiday decorating class and learned how to tie bows. So I have been working on bows for my Christmas tree.

In the school world, I now "only" have 19 friends in my class. One of our second grade teachers was moved down to Kindergarten to help with big numbers. It has made a huge difference. 19 kids is much easier than 23 : ) This week we studied the letter O and owls. Here are a few pictures from the week.

I introduced a can/have/are chart by focusing on each sentence stem. Here is our interactive writing for the have party. I love this new easel and that it is dry erase and magnetic : O

I love crafts and writing. 

Aren't they cute? I used cupcake liners for the eyes! 

This year I started using poetry journals. They have been wonderful! This is one of my favorite poems! I found it on Pinterest and I'm not sure of the original source. 

On Friday we made these little owl snacks. They were perfect to review shapes too!

I hope you have a wonderful week! It's APPLE week here! I can't wait: )

3 comments

  1. I hear ya on numbers! I had 24 last year and only have 18 this year and the difference is unbelievable!

    Lisa
    Always an Adventure in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the deleted comment. Helen is simply adorable! Love the owl snacks-will definitely keep that in mind as we do our owl unit next month-the kids love any activity that's food-related! :) Thanks for sharing it.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete