Friday, January 18, 2013

Love and iPod excitement is in the air

This has been the craziest week! I feel tonight was the first time I sat down all week. I finally finished my door on Monday. If you don't already know, I am obsessed with Valentine's Day. I really start my preparations the day after Christmas. I decided to combine my winter and Valentines door to save myself some time later on. I think it turned out really cute!



The other super exciting thing that happened this week is that I received my iPod Touches from Donors Choose! I wrote a grant with Donors Choose asking for two iPod Touches to use in my classroom. I was so shocked and excited when my entire project was funded! These iPod Touches have added so much fun and excitement to our classroom. I have found some amazing apps to use during Daily 5 center time. I will share them with you in a future post : ) Donors Choose is an amazing way to ask for some additional materials for your classroom!

One of the things I did to explain the rules to the kids was to create a contract. I went over it with the students multiples times and then I sent it home for the parents to review. Here is a copy of my contract for you to look at for a reference. 


I am obsessed with this cute clip art as well. And I finally made my own font (that wasn't terrible) using the iFont Maker app.

I have nothing to do this weekend and I am just on cloud nine about it. I can't wait to sleep in, read blogs and online shop. I'm sure I will also end up at school working on somethings : )  Have a wonderful weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the door! I'm so jealous that you're allowed to do that! Nothing on the outside of our doors. Waaaa! Congrats on getting your project fully funded!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your projects funded! Enjoy the iPods....they are an amazing teaching tool! If you need any ideas, hit me up, I <3 Apple in the classroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your projects! I am a huge fan of Donors Choose. I have had 17 projects funded in 2 years. It is worth the effort. Your door is super cute! I am so glad you are enjoying your year, sweet friend!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute door! And I'm jealous of the iPods. My kiddos would LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!! CONGRATS!!!

    -Holly :)

    ReplyDelete