Blog

Shop

Holidays

Meet the Teacher Night

This has been one of the busiest weeks of my life! I started my new teacher professional development on Monday and have been going nonstop all week. I feel so behind in bloggy land. I will be catching up tonight! I can't Meet the Teacher is Thursday night! I am so excited. Here are some of my preparations:


I ordered this poster from Vistaprint. I will put this easel outside of my room with some balloons tied to it. 


I put together a little Pinterest inspired Meet the Teacher Night Scavenger Hunt. I really hope it will be helpful for helping parents know what to do! 

The first thing I want parents to do is make a name tag. I found these name tags for 88 cents at Walmart! Woo hoo!


At each child's desk I will have a student information form and a volunteer form. I put these bins at the back of my room for parents to turn everything into me. 




I made this little board to ask for extra supplies we need. Some of the things I asked for include: Lysol wipes, snacks, rechargeable  batteries for our Leapsters, white card stock and hand sanitizer. 




On my white board I have little magnets with my contact information. I ordered them through Vistaprint too. They are really cute! I just blacked out all of my information to post. I included the school phone number and my conference time too! 

I put together these little envelopes to send home with each child. Inside is a little poem to read the night before school starts to ease nerves and some "ready confetti." I just attached the Skittles for fun! I found this great idea HERE.

Now I just have to add my kiddos names to everything! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Enjoy your evening! : )  



13 comments

  1. Everything looks great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love your theme!! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun!! I'd love to see what's on your meet the teacher scavenger hunt :)
    Jen
    The Teacher's Cauldron
    jenross1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, So cute! I'm shocked you already know your planning time! I was going to order some magnets for Meet the Teacher night, but I decided against it b/c I don't know my planning time yet. I think I'm going to do a "wish" tree that is similar to your "step right up".

    ThatNewCrayonSmell

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many cute little touches for Meet the Teacher Night! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your parent night ideas are fabulous and 100% engaging! You’re so smart to create magnets for your contact information...the parents are going to love this. I teach Early Childhood Education classes at the college level and I can’t wait to share your site with students! I hope you have a chance to visit my new blog “Granny Goes to School”.

    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, typo! I just love your room theme and all of the adorable signs for parent night! Thanks for the great ideas!

    I am a new follower!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete