Blog

Shop

Holidays

MOO and My Classroom


My classroom is starting to look like a classroom rather than a giant mess! I work with the SWEETEST kindergarten teacher team. They have been helping me organize and clean all week. I don‘t know what I would have done without them.

This morning I went to a garage sale and hit the jackpot. I just happened to go to a random sale and it was a teacher having it! She had SO much stuff. Tubs, and tubs of bulletin board things, border, toys, puppets, books, EVERYTHING. I think I will go back tomorrow and see what she has left. My classroom is a circus/ carnival theme and look what I found:


He is really precious. Some clowns frighten me, but I love him. I put him up in my classroom today : ) I only took pictures on my phone so they are a little blurry.  I don’t think I’m keeping that filing cabinet, so I may have to rearrange him. All of the number words are listed on his suit and then the balloons have that number of dots. 

I also found these stuffed masks. I think I will just use them for a fun center or to act out a story. They were NEW with TAGS! 50 cents apiece. I couldn't resist.


And this is going to really make you laugh. One of the masks was a cow mask. By fate, if you dress up as a cow today and go to Chik-fil-a you get a free meal. So I put on my cow mask and went to Chik-fil-a hahaha.
MOOOOO! 
I may have embarrassed my family.

Here a few pictures of my classroom so far. I'm sorry they are all from my phone and a little blurry. But maybe you can see that I have made some progress : ) 

This is my work work area and my popcorn word wall. I still need to put up my header!

This board will be used for my Daily 5 anchor charts. The outside border has cute (NOT creepy) little clown faces. I found it at the garage sale today too! I am going to use the table and three drawer organizer for writing. I also think I will put up a "What Can I Write?" poster on the side of my filing cabinet. Please notice the spice racks on the left. IKEA! I asked the lady, "Do you have any wooden spice racks?" and she said, "The ones from Pinterest"? I thought it was funny.  I think they are really cute for displaying books! 

This is my calender area. I LOVE IT! It's all coming together and looking so bright and cheerful. I need to add a few more things to my board. My schedule will go on the long pocket chart on the right. 

I can't wait to have my classroom finished and share it with you! 
Happy Friday!

10 comments

  1. You DID hit the jackpot today! Great finds! Your room is looking sooo good! It's so colorful and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you stumbled upon a teacher's paradise at that garade sale! Super lucky. Your room is coming together wonderfully! Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great!!! I am so proud of you. :)
    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's starting to come together. Can't wait to see it finished!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    I love reading your blog because it is soooo fun to see setting up a room through your eyes! Just wait until your kiddos arrive - they are going to be so thrilled to be in your class!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is looking fabulous Sarah! I love those masks too. My kiddos love to read in masks. =)

    You are a cute cow! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks great! I love putting together my room in a new way each year, but there was never anything like my first year of getting to set everything up in my very OWN classroom! So I hope you are really enjoying it! Your kids are going to love it!

    Keeping Up With First Grade
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'm starting my first year too and I've been working so hard in my room! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I just found your blog and it is so cute! And trust me, the excitement about setting up your classroom never goes away!! This will be my 6th year of teaching and I love when they finally open the building back up for us crazies to come in and set up!! I'm in Austin and we have the same issue- no air on in the summer! Booo!

    Anyway, I just wanted to know how you attached the spice racks to the wall. I've been seeing them all over pinterest and I think it would be a great way to save room. I have a big rolling shelf for my library and it gets unorganized fast! Did you buy fasteners from IKEA? Did you use a drill or screwdriver? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room looks so bright and cheerful! I just found your blog, and I look forward to following your adventures this coming year! Come visit...

    Julie


    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete