Blog

Shop

Holidays

Emergent Readers, READ to win a copy of mine!

Next year, like many of you, I will be doing Daily 5 in my classroom. One of the most challenging components of Daily 5 will be Read to Self. Each child will need a book bin filled with “good fit” books.  It’s really important to make sure children have books that they can read independently. This can be really challenging at the beginning of kindergarten!
My solution?
PRINTABLE EMERGENT READERS!
I found tons (see below) on the Internet ready to print! However, I couldn’t find an alphabet emergent reader that I just loved. So, I created one!



This book is perfect to introduce the alphabet! Each page features a different letter, picture and word. I will print out and put together copy of the book for each student to color. Then we will read the book together and they can take it home to read with their family; or add it to their book bin to use during read to self time. Click on the picture to buy it for $2 on my TPT store!
I will be giving a free copy to the first THREE  followers who leave me a comment with their email address!
Here is a list of other emergent reader resources I found:

Do you use printable emergent readers in your classroom?
Please leave a comment (with a link) if you have another emergent reader resource or if you sell one of TPT!
I hope everyone is enjoying summer. Have a blessed day friends!
 I am also starting to plan for a big 100 follower giveaway ; )


9 comments

  1. I would LOVE to see the readers! Thanks so much!

    Ѽ Lori

    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is precious! You can never have enough emergent readers!
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my email- Tripletmom01@charter.net. So excited to win! The book will be well used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww pooey! I'm #4! LOL! If you're feeling even more generous my email is bgore2008@gmail.com. Love your blog! Just discovered it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to donate something when you reach 100 followers! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI sweet friend! Let me know if you want me to donate anything for your giveaway!

    Erica

    Sprinkles to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this so I'm sure I'm not one of the first three to respond. However, I sure would love to get a copy. I've had the same struggle with Daily 5 in a Kindergarten classroom. Sending my email anyway just in case you feel like sharing :) mhood@libertyhill.txed.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! Welcome to the world of teaching. I am your newest follower!

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete